Thursday, June 4, 2009

Who We Are

It is my four month "blogiversary", and I realized that I haven't really taken the time to introduce my family (how wude!). So here we are...


MyBuddy just turned 12. He has the sweetest heart, and is loudly enthusiastic about the things he loves, namely his family, his home, and his stuff (legos, video games, clay creations, collections of rocks, seashells, leftover nuts and bolts, bottlecaps, Christmas tree pine needles, broken glass, etc., etc.). He has Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD, which causes challenges for him, and our family, but it makes him the lovable, honest, open, righteous, (did I mention enthusiastic), son of God that he is, and I don't think I would change a thing about him if I could.

Right now he loves Star Wars, Transformers, listening to music from his video games, playing his video games, watching others play video games on You Tube, talking about his video games, and dreaming about having a job as a video game beta tester. He enjoys math, riding his bike or scooter, telling stories, playing legos with his friends, and snowboarding.

One of my favorite memories of MyBuddy is when he was a toddler and he and I would spend hours and hours throwing rocks off a footbridge into the creek below. Ah, the simple life. Not much time for that anymore.


BeachPea is 8. She is my gardening and shell-collecting buddy. She is sensitive and delicate, but also fun and always up for an adventure. While she is usually found in comfy "farm clothes", she has an eye for fashion and loves to design clothes on paper. She got our family's first sewing maching for her birthday, and is looking forward to learning how to sew her own clothes (luckily she has a grandma to teach her how, as mom is clueless). She loves to draw, practice with her gymnastics team, dance, sing, act, ski, and explore God's creation outside. She also loves to sort and organize and can often be found reorganizing kitchen cabinets, sorting her seashell collection, or redoing the shelves in her closet. This, she definitely didn't get from her mommy.



CarriBear, is 6. She is our child who can spend hours playing on her own, with her PetShop toys, talking to the animals (the real ones), riding her bike, sliding and singing, or drawing pictures. Whenever I do my unconscious, every 10-minute mental headcount of the kids, she is always the one I have to go searching for, because she is usually off entertaining herself in some remote corner of the house, basement, or yard. She reminds me of me at that age. She is also enthusiastic about the things she loves, and though she can be timid at first about new experiences, she is secretly very adventurous and is always up for a party. With her sweet voice and long, delicate (piano-playing) fingers, I feel like she was made for music, and I hope to be able to make myself start taking the time to give her some musical exposure, something that has been pushed aside on my to-do list for too long.



Our 3 year old I call our Lil' Diva because she can be prissy and opinionated, loves to sing and dance, and has the strongest fashion convictions in the family. But she is also an amazing sweetheart who is loving, cuddly, and wants to see the people around her happy. She has been obsessed with High School Musical since she was one - insisting on watching the DVD of it at least once a day, and when we weren't being fast enough to put it on for her, she figured out on her own how to open the DVD drive door on the computer and get it going herself. She doesn't like to wait for what she wants. Though she is often shy around new people, once she gets warmed up, she can be quite the entertainer, as she loves to see people laugh. She loves to follow her big sisters and be involved in whatever they are doing, which of course, can at times be a matter of contention, but in the end Lil Diva wins them over with her cuteness and big dimples (usually).


Had planned on writing a quick "snapshot" of hubby and me, too, but duty calls, so it will have to wait until another time. So that's my kiddos in June of 2009. I know the next time I stop to write their bios much will be changed, as they are growing so fast. Sigh....

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kids!! I think you & i have a lot in common when it comes to our children. We both have been so wonderfully blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your kids so much. Amazing how two people can create such unique little blessings! Ben's bio made me tear up a little - seems like a special kid you got there. Spencer's obsession with video games is quite similar! And let me just say, you captured Daisy's little attitude SOOOO well! LOVE THAT PICTURE! Thanks for sharing about your sweet family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you all. This was a wonderful post to read ~ I loved how you described each child ~ so special and unique they each are . . . and cute.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so interested in getting to know you! I live in West Columbia SC and I am looking for women who has same interests as I do but also who shares the same faith that I do! I have 4 children and 2 stepchildren. I would love to hear from you!!! You can email me at shereeg73@hotmail.com!! God bless and have a beautiful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I have been writing Kelly now for awhile. It is such a joy to receive her words of wisdom:) I didn't know Erin was your niece!! You still live in SC? Would love to get together over coffee and with each other children:) Write me when you can:shereeg73@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome last summer, and when I was reading the stuff your oldest was interested in, I was thinking 'that sounds a lot like Aspergers' and sure enough it is. I don't know a lot of people with Aspergers though, and it is great to know that it's not really a mystery diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...